- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Permanently Delete Account, then click Continue to Account Deletion.
- Click Delete Account, enter your password and then click Continue.
Note : to protect your privacy and security I recommend that after you have downloaded your data , you then change your name in facebook, manually defriend everyone on your list (if practical) and manual delete your photos and posts ( if practical) I would then like random pages and groups that you are not interested in. The idea of this step is to turn your profile from valuable data into garbage of no value and far away from any algorithms understanding on your true interests.
Remember to run off notifications on facebook app and also messenger and then delete both from your device.
On facebook you are the product.
Once deleted you will probably go through a day of euphoria and then a withdrawal phase of wanting to check on that post or like or bit of gossip, if you can simply avoid facebook for 30days you will realise you have wasted so much of your free time.