This app is a short questionnaire that helps people figure out if you might be feeling worried or anxious more often than you should be.
It has 7 simple questions (GAD-7), and each question asks about how often you’ve been bothered by a certain feeling or thought in the past 2 weeks.
Depending on your severity it will provide you with a website resource to direct you to further support.
Scored from 0 to 3 , 0 being not at all and 3 being very much so.
Think of it like a little quiz that helps us understand if our worries are normal or if we need to talk to someone, like a parent, teacher, or doctor, who can help us feel better.
This is not a replacement for professional advice.
How are you doing?
It is important to take care of our mental health, just like we take care of our physical health. Our emotional well-being is just as important as our physical health and should be taken seriously.
Anxiety is a normal and natural response to stress, but when it becomes too much to handle, it can start to negatively affect our daily lives. The above app is a helpful tool that can help us better understand our anxiety levels and how they are impacting us.
If you are feeling anxious or overwhelmed, know that you are not alone. It is important to seek help and support when you need it. There are many resources available to you, such as online support groups, mental health hotlines, and counselling services. Remember, taking care of your mental health is a sign of strength, not weakness.
If you have taken the assessment and received a result that concerns you, it may be a good idea to speak with a mental health professional who can provide you with further guidance and support. There are many treatment options available, and with the right support, it is possible to manage and overcome anxiety.
Here are some links to further reading for individuals taking the assessment:
- NHS – Understanding anxiety: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/understanding-anxiety/
- Anxiety UK – Support for anxiety sufferers: https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/
- Mind – Information on anxiety and panic attacks: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/
- Samaritans – How to report harmful content: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/report-harmful-content/
- Mental Health Foundation – Understanding anxiety: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/a-to-z/a/anxiety
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably: https://www.thecalmzone.net/
This app was created by Chris Whitlock & GPT-4